1875

“Glenbank” at 107 Barkly Street built as the Presbyterian Manse for The Rev. J.A. Caldwell, St. Andrew’s Church, Mornington

21st May 1892

Fifteen members of the Mornington Football Team were drowned in a boating disaster returning home from a match Mordialloc. Three of those drowned were sons of Rev. Caldwell

20th July 1916

Sergeant Andrew Kerr was killed in action at Fleurbaix, France whilst serving his country during the First World War. “Glenbank” was purchased and donated to the Church of England Trust Corporation by Mrs. Andrew Kerr, Mrs. Kathleen Parker & Mr. Critchley Parker. The home was donated as a memorial to the son of Mrs Kerr, Sergeant Andrew Kerr.

27th October 1927

The Andrew Kerr Memorial Home for Children was opened by the Governor General Lord Forster.

1941

The Mission of St. James and St. John was requested to take over the management of the Home, and Canon Watt, on behalf of the Mission, accepted the responsibility.

1978

The Mission of St. James and St. John closed the Children’s Home and issued instructions that the property be put up for Auction in nine separate lots.

Saturday, 16th October 1980

Mornington Bush Nursing Hospital purchased the nine lots at a cost of $327,000.00 which included “Glenbank”, cream brick buildings that were the original dormitories of the orphanage, the garages and workshops and the Manager’s resident which was known as 109 Barkly Street.

November 1981

The Committee of Management of the Hospital opened a much needed Day Care Centre for the frail and aged.

29th April 1986

April 1986 A Committee of Management was appointed comprising six members of the Bush Nursing Hospital Committee and six residents of the district, including Mr. John Humphris, who was elected the first Chairman.

October 1989

A thirty bed hostel was opened by the then Prime Minister R.J. Hawke.

February 1990

The first person took-up residence in the hostel.

1st January 1992

A 30 bed nursing home became operational.

30th June 1993

The Day Care Centre operated by the Bush Nursing Hospital closed due to its increasing costs

January 1995

Funding from the State Government provided for a twenty placement Day Care Centre three days a week for the elderly residents of Mornington.

1996

Andrew Kerr became an entity in its own right, with a ten member Board of Management and a full time CEO located on the premises in Tanti Avenue.

1997

The Aged Care Act brought significant challenges and opportunities to the aged care sector.

2001

Redevelopment in excess of $10,000,000.00 was undertaken

May 2003

The development was opened providing an additional fifty-six residential places, a new commercial kitchen and laundry, a chapel, multi-purpose meeting room, coffee shop, hairdressing salon and a doctor’s room.

2017

Two new modern 30 beds units (Flinders and Sorrento) are opened.