Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Restrictions on visitor and worker entry into aged care facilities
Strict Govt guidelines and information about flu vaccination requirements have been put in place to protect residents of aged care facilities against Flu and coronavirus (COVID-19).
Therefore, you must not enter Andrew Kerr if you:
- Are unwell with flu-like symptoms, such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, or fever
- Have arrived back in Australia from overseas in the last 14 days
- Have had known contact in the last 14 days with a person who was a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Have had known contact in the last 14 days with a person who has/had respiratory symptoms
- Have a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees
- Are under 16 years of age.
When visiting Andrew Kerr, you should maintain a 1.5 metre (a full arm span) physical distance between you and all other people at Andrew Kerr during your visit.
You will not be admitted to Andrew Kerr if you don’t have an up-to-date vaccination for influenza – this means after 1 May 2020 you need this year’s vaccine but before 1 May 2020 you must have had the 2019 vaccine.
You will need to provide evidence of your flu vaccination, this might be a statement or record from a health practitioner, or an immunisation history statement available from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. Visitors who unable to have an influenza vaccination due to medical reasons can visit; however, they are required to provide evidence, from a medical practitioner, as to the reason they cannot have the vaccination.
Please note that if you ignore these vaccination conditions and you are liable for fine of up to $20,000 as an individual.
Further information about these guidelines and more can be found on the following Govt Health websites: