Our place during the day. Your place at night.
The Andrew Kerr Care Day centre service helps maintain the well-being and independence of those who still live at home. We provide day respite for carers who need time back in their day.
The Day Centre operates under the Wellness and Re-ablement approach. The aim of this approach is to promote independence and capacity building to support clients to continue to live within their local community.
Our aim is to work with our clients to help them stay as active as possible for as long as possible. We have a ‘doing with’ and not a ‘doing for’ approach for all of our clients.
How it works
Our Day Centre program offers a wide range of activities for older adults and is ideal for those who are socially isolated, have a disability or dementia.
Clients wishing to access the Adult Day Activity Centre need to contact My Aged to be referred. We are funded through the Commonwealth Support Program – Social Support Group.
You can visit My Aged Care at www.myagedcare.gov.au or phone My Aged Care Contact Centre on 1800 200 422
The Day centre operates on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Transport may be provided on the facility bus depending on availability and locality.
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme
Clients are assessed against the Commonwealth Home Support Programme’s target groups. The Commonwealth Home Support Programme recognises people with cultural or other special needs:
– People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
– People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
– People who live in rural and remote areas
– People who are financially or socially disadvantaged
– People who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless
– People who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex
– People who are care leavers
– Parents separated from children by forced adoption or removal.
While we will do our utmost best to get you a placement, they are subject to a suitable vacancy. A waiting list may apply, but rest assured we will contact you as soon as a vacancy becomes available.